Neri Leopolda Monument

Neri Leopolda Monument

1824

Scheda

Here is a text drown from the description of the monument included in the "Collezione dei Monumenti Sepolcrali del Cimitero di Bologna" (Sepulchral monuments’ collection of Bologna’s cemetery), published by Giovanni Zecchi between 1825 and 1827. “This monument, wanted by Gioacchino Grassi , a priest of the city, and by Giuseppe and Giovanni Grassi was erected both for them and for their parents in 1824 after having put away the corps of their parents Luigi Grassi and Leopolda Neri. The monument had been invented by Francesco Santini professor of the papal fine arts Academy.

The monument presents an external frame decorated a with vegetal patter in plaster, boarding with a strip in which rectangular patterned and plaster roses alternate. In the central part a highly decorated frame encircles an octagonal background made of iron; this is placed above a marble plaque with an inscription. In the arch which has a very decorated ledge there is an inscription.

Traduzione realizzata nell'ambito del progetto di Alternanza scuola-lavoro 2017/18 con il Liceo Ginnasio Luigi Galvani di Bologna.

Leggi tutto

Simboli

Eventi

Luoghi

Documenti
Apri mappa