Ruggi Giuseppe Chapel
The chapel commemorates Giuseppe Ruggi (1844-1925), famous surgical innovator in Bologna in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The work of the sculptor Alfonso Borghesani (1882-1964) offers us the opportunity to admire the white Carrara marble of the sculptures in contrast with the green Alps marble finishings. The exceptionally refined bas relief gives us a sense of the divine light depicted by the Redeemer between two angels, all surrounded by soft flowing draping and by the presence of flowers, details in late Art Nouveau style so dear to Borghesani. In the cell are also found the portraits of Ruggi and his wife Marianna Lodi (1850-1923).