Bargellini’s senatory palace, located between via Begatto and the pavement of Strada Maggiore, in front of the compound of S. Maria dei Servi, rises on the houses of the Desideri and the Budrioli, that Ermes Bargellini bought in 1610 with the purpose of offering a more prestigious (residence) to his family. The whole compound, started in 1631 on the project of Bartolomeo Provaglia and endowed of the characteristic elements of the Bolognese senatorial palaces – the hall, the stairway, the (honour) living room -, is situated at the very beginning of the block and can be distinguished by the absence of the portico along a road totally covered by porticoes; the two magnificent telamones by Gabriele Brunelli and Francesco Agnesini, which sustain the balcony beside the entrance, caused its new name “palazzo dei giganti” (“giants’palace”) and constitute the concrete celebration of the social status of its family. Inside, the monumental stairway is noticeable, created by Carlo Francesco Dotti and become, at the end of the XVII century, an essential space to represent the celebration of the economic and political power of the families and of the (assumption) of the Senator’s Gonfalonierato. Once the (Bargellini men) died out, in 1839, the palace passed in the hands of marquis Giuseppe di Virgilio Davia, who decided in his testament of 1874 to design his rich property to the foundation of the Opera Pia Davia Bargellini in order to improve the education and instruction of the city (youngsters). On the basis of a deal between the Opera Pia and the Comune of Bologna it was possible in 1924 to create, inside the palace, the Museo d’Arte Industriale and the Galleria Davia Bargellini. The seven rooms of the Museum show objects belonging to the Bolognese artistic handicraft from the XVI to the XIX century (metallic ornaments for locks, furniture and keys, terracotta sculptures, Renaissance ceramics), gathered in the campaign promoted by the Comune soon after the first world war, and a pleasing painting collection from the XIV to the XVIII century that belongs to the Opera Pia, which counts the famous Madonna dei Denti by Vitale da Bologna and several works by Bartolomeo Passerotti, Prospero Fontana, Bartolomeo Cesi, Giuseppe Maria and Luigi Crespi. As the most (admired) works, we may count the puppet theatre, the luxurious carriage for the procession of the Gonfaloniere di giustizia and the model of XVIII century Villa completely furnished.