Salta al contenuto principale Skip to footer content

Boschi Chapel


The cell, bought in 1833, was renovated in the second half of the 1800 and it maintains the structure that was given to it in this period. The entrance, closed by a gate, is dominated by a lunette with the colourful and draped family’s coat of arms in the centre. An obelisk-shaped stele leans against is rested to the back wall, with an inscription and a circular marbled medal with the profile of the deceased, made by the sculptor Prudenzio Piccioli.

It's a chapel with a circular diagram dominated by a dome with a ceiling coffer decorated by plaster applications with rose-cut motives. The tambour presents a ferrule, with a decoration of satyrs below it. The entrance presents an iron gate without a lock and a lunette with the coat of arms of the family. The internal part has a black-and-white-tile floor, in the centre there is a headstone with an inscription. On the front wall there is a marble monument formed by a molded base with inscriptions which is surmounted by an obelisk. This bears inscriptions in engraved letters, in the center a circle with a masculine profile, at the top a Latin cross and at the bottom a symbol representing two winged snakes around an hourglass.

Translation from the italian language thanks to the 2017/18 students Albertini -Bazzigotti -Bovina (3Q) of the Galvani high school in Bologna, supervised by the teacher Annamaria Marconi.